ANNOUNCEMENT: Greater Boston Conference with Sanjay and Others (Sept 16-19)

  • Narasimha P.V.R. Rao
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2004
      Hare Rama Krishna
      Namaste friends,

      We are still accepting reservations for the the greater Boston conference of September 2004 (for the entire event as well as for individual days). Please hurry up if you want to attend it!

      When

      Sri Jagannath Centre will organize a Jyotish conference in the greater Boston area at Maynard, Mass, USA during Sept 16-19.

      Speakers

      Pt. Sanjay Rath from Puri, India, Dr. Brendan Feeley from Maryland, Visti Larsen from Holland, Freedom Cole from New Jersey, Sarbani Sarkar from New Delhi and I (from Boston itself) will be the speakers.

      Agenda

      The agenda is given below.

      Sept 16 Thursday morning: "Astrological Corollaries of Scirptural Stories" by Narasimha Rao
      Sept 16 Thursday afternoon: "Special Topics in Vimsamsa" by Visti Larsen
      Sept 17 Friday morning: "Sustenance of Marriage" by Freedom Cole
      Sept 17 Friday afternoon: "Special Ascendants" by Sanjay Rath
      Sept 18 Saturday morning: "Astrology and Liver Diseases" by Brendan Feeley
      Sept 18 Saturday afternoon: "Bhava chakra" by Sanjay Rath
      Sept 19 Sunday morning: "Timing of Spiritual Diksha" by Sarbani Sarkar
      Sept 19 Sunday afternoon: "Use of Divisional Deities" by Narasimha Rao

      Each day presentations will be held from 9 am to 12:30 pm and again from 2 pm to 5:30 pm.

      Those of you who cannot attend the entire event can register for specific days also. If so, please mention the days when you register.

      Where

      The venue will be

      4 Clock Tower Place
      Maynard, MA 01754

      This is the same location where the greater Boston workshop of November 2003 took place.

      Fee

      Achyuta Jyotish Workshop of January 2003 and the greater Boston Jyotish workshop of November 2003 were free events and they were supported by voluntary donations. With the blessings of Sanjay ji, we decided to adopt the same approach for the greater Boston conference of September. The event is free. But we will be accepting with gratitude any voluntary donations people may make, to cover our expenses. Those who do not want to attend the event and yet want to donate money to support this event are requested to contact me (pvr@...). We need your financial assistance and encouragement to make the event (and also this new approach) successful.

      Reserve your seat

      As there are limited seats, please send a mail to pvr@... to reserve a seat. Please give your name, email address, postal address and a telephone number. These details will be kept confidential and not shared with spammers.

      Just like at the last year's workshop, we may be able to accommodate some of you at my house and at the houses of some Indian families who live nearby. If you are interested in exploring this possibility, please contact me (pvr@...). If you need help with selecting a nearby hotel, then also you can send me an email.

      It is a good idea to cc all the emails sent to me to paddulu@.... This is the address of my wife Padmaja.

      I hope this year's conference will be a great success like last year's workshop!

      May Jupiter's light shine on us,
      Narasimha