Summary of Harikatha on May 29, 2011

  • Prahlad
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30 7:57 PM
      Revered Vaishnavas,
      Dandavat Pranams.

      Srila Gurudev ki Jai!
      Sri Vrindavan Das Thakur ki Jai!

      Srila Gurudev during His 90 minute lecture on May 29, 2011 very strongly emphasized on the remembrance of Guru-Vaishnav-Bhagavan as invocation prayers before starting any devotional activity. Without Their mercy whatever we perform would be futile.

      Mentioning that Vrindavan Das Thakur is non-different from Vedavyas, Srila Gurudev very briefly narrated the appearance of both Vedavyas and Vrindavan Das. During this He explained that it is impossible to comprehend the divine appearance of Sri Vedavyas by our mundane sense organs. He also explained the importance of Mamagachi, the birth place of Sri Vrindavan Das Thakur.

      "Why do we not have strong faith in the Lord?" To explain that a devotee should not fear of anything and that the Lord is always there to protect His devotees, Srila Gurudev very emphatically quoted different incidents that happened with Sri Srivas Prabhu and Lord's special mercy on him.

      Full Bangla lecture, Lecture notes in Bengali (downloadable) and English at the following link:
      http://www.sreecgmath.org/scgmtimes/scgmaudio.php?category=fullkatha&aid=101&mediaid=308

      Sri Guru Vaishnava Dasanudas,
      Prahlad Das