Summary of Harikatha on Jan 30, 2011

  • Prahlad
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2011

      Srila Gurudev on the occasion of the Holy Pakshavardhini Mahadvadasi explained that the main duty on the day of Ekadasi is to engage in Harikirtan.

      Mahaprabhu used to perform sankirtan in the courtyard of Srivas whole night and during one such occasion, Srivas's only son died. Later when Mahaprabhu went inside and sat beside the child's dead body and brought him back to life to ask, "Child! Why do you want to leave the house of such a devotee as Srivasa?" The dead child answered, "The few days that I was to spend in Srivasa's house are over, now I am following your wish in going elsewhere. I am a living being who has no independence; I cannot go against your wishes. Please be merciful to me, that I never forget your lotus feet, no matter where I go."

      Later Srila Gurudev explained the pastimes at Kumarhatta.

      Full audio lecture with English transcription now available at
      http://www.sreecgmath.org/scgmtimes/scgmaudio.php?category=fullkatha&aid=101&mediaid=293

      Sri Guru Vaishnava Dasanudas,
      Prahlad Das