Summary of Harikatha on Dec 31, 2010

  • Prahlad
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2011
      Sree Sree Guru gaurangau Jayatah!

      Another name of Ekadasi is Harivasar. The main duty as part of observance of Ekadasi is to satisfy Hari and His devotees completely with all the senses. Upavas means to stay in the vicinity of Sri Hari. Giving up all sins, and with all good qualities, one who remains near Krishna, totally relinquishing all enjoyments, has actually observed the vow of Ekadasi.

      Is getting mundane temporary benefits pure devotion? If we are not following the instructions of Srila Prabhupad and Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur then whatever we performed is not pure devotion and everything will be destroyed. It is totally anti-devotional to perform the activities that are not approved by our Gurudev and Guruvarga.

      Even though it is most unfortunate to take birth in sinful Kaliyuga, it is our best fortune to take birth in this special Kaliyuga that comes in the 28th chaturyuga of the 7th Manvantara because of getting the opportunity to obtain the Highest Mellow of Transcendental Divine Love.

      This human birth is attained after many births. This is very rare. Although it is temporary, it can bestow highest eternal benefit. Therefore, an intelligent person endeavors to obtain the highest eternal welfare immediately, without delaying even a moments time, before death occurs because sense enjoyment is available in all other species as well.

      --- His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Goswami Maharaj (originally spoken in Bengali. Translated to English by Prahlad Das)