Srila Gurudev on Srila Narayan Maharaj's departure

  • Prahlad
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2010
      Dec. 29, 2010
      Kolkata Math

      Today morning, at around 9.30 AM, while Srila Gurudev was taking His breakfast, I conveyed the heart throbbing message of Parampujyapad Srila Narayan Maharaj's departure from this world. As soon as He heard, He was shocked, "Left the body?"; His mouth wide open. He paused for a while and said, "He left the body? I was informed that his health has improved. Is it not?" I said that there was improvement after what He had heard about Srila Narayana Maharaj's serious health trouble in October but that he left the body at about 3.00 AM today. Srila Gurudev said, "Everyone has to leave one day. Anytime anything can happen. This cause, that cause is just instrumental."

      He took His next spoon of breakfast and said, "He roamed a lot outside India even at his advanced age. What is good is that he left his body in India and that too in a Dham." After a while, He asked about the Samadhi – when and where. I said it will be tomorrow in Navadvip. Srila Gurudev remembered, "His gurudev used to stay there. I went many times to that place. We used to go and do kirtan at their place. Even now I go."

      Srila Gurudev then remembered that He had recently written some affectionate words towards Srila Narayan Maharaj (upon the request of his disciples for the occasion of his upcoming vyaspuja celebrations). I said, "Srila Narayan Maharaj received that and he felt happy reading the contents. Reading your remark that `I have desire to meet you' Pujyapad Narayan Maharaj said that if Krishna desires it is possible (as conveyed to me by Sri Madhavpriya Prabhu)." Srila Gurudev said, "Now it is not possible."

      Srila Gurudev continued taking breakfast. Some time passed and He said, "It is not that it is impossible. It happens on few occasions. Narottam Thakur met Sri Rupa Goswami though the latter was not physically present that time. Sri Rupa Goswami fed milk to Narottam Thakur."

      Prahlad Das