Letter 1/18

  • Hemant Agrawal
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
      Supreme Lord Sree Krishna has said in the Gita emphatically
      that a sincere soul will never be deceived. Supreme Lord is residing in the
      heart of every soul and knows everything. He is omniscient and omnipotent
      and he regulates the fruits of the actions of conditioned souls. There
      cannot be any mistake in His giving fruits. In the Gita it is said,

      "Karmanye vadhikaraste, ma phaleshu kadacana" - 2:47

      We can do actions but we can have no hold over the fruits of the actions.
      Fruits are regulated by Supreme Lord.

      Conditioned souls have got currents of thoughts in their
      minds imbibed from previous impressions of millions of births - holy
      thoughts and unholy thoughts. This human birth is given by Lord to fight
      against unholy thoughts and to enhance holy thoughts. After passing through
      80 lacs of births of different species, we have got this human birth. God
      was satisfied by creating human being as human being has the capacity to
      discriminate between eternal and non-eternal and can worship Supreme Lord
      who is All-existence, All-knowledge and All-bliss. This human birth is not
      meant for eating, sleeping, defending and mating like birds and beasts. In
      Srimad Bhagavat, 9th Canto, Ved Vyasa Muni has said that Ambarish Maharaj,
      who was most favourite devotee of Supreme Lord Sree Krishna could remove all
      desires of this world gradually, by performing bhajan without deceitfulness.
      A conditioned soul cannot get the desired result all of a sudden. If he is
      sincere in his efforts, by the grace of Supreme Lord Sree Krishna and His
      devotees, he will be ultimately successful. Actually we reap the fruits of
      our own actions. It is out of ignorance that we blame others for our own
      drawbacks. I hope as you are sincere, you will be helped by Supreme Lord and
      His devotees.

      As I am awfully busy I have written a few lines to you by
      getting some spare time.

      My love to you. May All-Merciful Supreme Lord Sree Krishna
      and His Absolute Counterpart Gurudeva bless you.

      Affectionately yours,

      B. B. Tirtha

      P.S: Unless root cause of committing sin is eradicated, the aptitude
      to commit sin cannot be removed. The cause of sin is desire for committing
      sin and the cause of desire for committing sin is misconception of self,
      cause of misconception of self is nescience (ignorance), cause of nescience
      is aversion to Supreme Lord, who is All-Existence, All-Knowledge and
      All-Bliss. Therefore root cause of sin is aversion to Sree Krishna. So, Sree
      Chaitanya Mahaprabhu has said, "The conditioned souls of the world, due to
      forgetfulness of their relation with Supreme Lord are averse to Sree Krishna
      since time immemorial." Therefore it is advised to cultivate devotional
      forms principally to chant the Holy Name for remembrance of Sree Krishna. We
      have forgotten Krishna from time immemorial, we are to undo it and for this
      we are to take the help of bonafide Shuddha Bhaktas.

      'Sadhan bina sadhya vastu keho nahi paye'

      Without devotional practice nobody can get the objective.
    • Hariprasad Das
      Message 2 of 6 , May 8, 2005
        All Glory to Sree Sree Guru and
        Gauranga!

[...]

        --- His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Goswami Maharaj
      • hemantag
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 17, 2006

[...]

          --- HDG Srila Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Goswami Maharaj

        • hemantag
          Message 4 of 6 , May 11, 2008

            One of the original qualities of a shuddha bhakta (narrated in Canto 3 of Srimad Bhagavatam - Kapil-Devahuti topic), is liking for hearing and speaking about the glories of Sree Krishna and His devotees. As a fish cannot survive without water, a devotee also cannot remain without hearing and speaking Hari-Katha. For getting progress in Bhakti, this is essential. Another important point is this - in this Black age (Kaliyuga), a votary cannot get encouragement to perform devotional forms separately, alone, without the association of bonafide devotees. 'Sangha shakti' (congregational chanting) is beneficial for the votaries of Kaliyuga. Something is better than nothing - In this consideration you should start doing this at least once a week. Devotees should get together, whatever the number may be. I hope by praying the grace of Guru, Vaishnavas and Bhagawan, if you start this, you will be successful. If there be any person interested in devotional practice, who may not be of our own group, should be allowed to participate.

            I pray to Sree Guru and Gauranga to bless you all. My love to you all.

            Affectionately yours,

            Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha

          • hemantag