Sat-Cit-Ananda

  • hemantag
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008

      Sree Sree Guru Gaurangau Jayatah!

      Many people say that they don't believe in any religion. However, on taking a closer look, we can see that there is no one in this world who does not believe in religion.

      To those who say that they don't believe in any religion, I would like to ask, don't they believe in the body's religion of eating, drinking, sleeping and evacuating? Don't they believe in the religion of the mind? They may
      say that they don't believe in the religion of the soul. How can they believe in it? They don't even know what it is. However, don't they want to live forever? Do they want to remain fools? Don't they want knowledge? Don't they want happiness?

      This is called sat, cit and ananda in the language of the scriptures. To desire sat-cit-ananda and to serve Him is the religion of the soul. Living beings, parts of the marginal potency of the all-powerful Supreme Lord, are also atomic sat-cit-ananda while the Supreme Lord is infinite sat-cit-ananda. So, whether directly or indirectly, everyone desires the sat-cit-ananda Supreme Lord. Those who call themselves atheists do not know that they also desire to attain sat-cit-ananda. However, it will be impossible to attain sat, cit and complete ananda on the path that they are following.

      --- His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Goswami Maharaj

    • Prahlad