Guru is eternally present

  • hemantag
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2008

      Following is excerpt from a lecture given by Srila Gurudev in Vrindavan during karthik in the year 1987. These words are spoken by Him out of extreme humility and surrender to Guru and Vaisnava.

      So many days have been spent doing parikrama, following vaisnavas, and chanting the Lord's name loudly. You might be thinking that I am doing a lot of kirtana and dancing. But what is the result? The heart is still as polluted as before. Saranagati must be missing. There is some fault in our surrender. Nama-aparadha is going on. Dhama-aparadha (offense to the holy place) is going on. That is why we are not getting the desired results. Therefore, in this holy dhama, to bestow mercy on us, our guruji, who is the dear most of the Supreme Lord, gave us shelter and installed his object of worship at different places for our eternal benefit. Guruji is always present here. Just as the Lord is always present everywhere, His manifestation of guruji is also eternally present. Therefore, we pray at the lotus feet of guruji. I am in such a miserable condition. How can I avoid committing offenses? Pure surrender can only be achieved by the mercy of the vaisnava. If we don't have faith in the vaisnava, all our deeds are useless. How to get spiritual benefit so that we get faith in the vaisnava? I want to stay under the guidance of the vaisnava for the remaining days of my life. I want to remove all of my anarthas by devotional practice. This is my prayer at the lotus feet of guruji. Our siksa guru Parampujyapada Puri Goswami Maharaj is present here. He feels compassion for us; that is why he comes here after taking so much trouble. How much affection he has! He thinks "Their guruji is not present physically. If I don't go to the parikrama then they will be discouraged." So he comes and gives his blessings. Although he has affection for me, I pray to him to give me mercy and to remove all the bad desires from my heart. You are free from any desire; that is why you have come here. You have come to the dhama (holy place) because you have got the mercy of guru and Bhagavan. You all please bless me; then I will get spiritual benefit.

      vancha-kalpatarubhyas ca
      krpa-sindhubhya eva ca
      patitanam pavanebhyo
      vaisnavebhyo namo namah

      --- His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Goswami Maharaj