Vaisnava Seva - easiest way to satisfy Lord

  • hemantag
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 8, 2008

      Chanting and listening to pastimes of Lord are the limbs of devotion unto Him. The meaning of devotion is 'seva', which is not attained by force. It is not that whatever one speaks becomes bhakti. Only when the Lord accepts our speech it becomes bhakti. If Lord is not satisfied by our chanting or listening then that chanting and listening is not bhakti.

      The devotees who are sheltered under Sri Caitanya Gaudiya Math perform congregational chanting here (Bathinda, Punjab ) every year. In this (sankirtan) one gets the benefit to the extent he performs seva. Lord's sight will come automatically on those who serve sadhus. If I love anybody's little child - present him nice dresses, give him nice eatables then it is natural that his parents attention will come towards me. And when one does not love the child instead give him troubles but flatters the child's parents, will the parents become happy? They will understand that he is duplicious. Likewise, Lord cannot be satisfied by those who pray beautiful hymns to Him but disrespect His pure devotees. He will understand that this person is 'Big false.' All his sadhana, bhajana will be wasted uselessly.

      By serving Vaisnavas Lord will be satisfied quickly. To satisfy the Lord easiest way among all is 'Service to Vaisnavas'.

      --- His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Goswami Maharaj

    • Prahlad
      Message 2 of 4 , May 22, 2012

        Chanting and listening to pastimes of Lord are the limbs of devotion unto Him. The meaning of devotion is 'seva', which is not attained by force. It is not that whatever one speaks becomes bhakti. Only when the Lord accepts our speech it becomes bhakti. If Lord is not satisfied by our chanting or listening then that chanting and listening is not bhakti.

        By the sankirtan one gets the benefit to the extent he performs seva. Lord's sight will come automatically on those who serve sadhus. If I love anybody's little child - present him nice dresses, give him nice eatables then it is natural that his parents attention will come towards me. And when one does not love the child instead give him troubles but flatters the child's parents, will the parents become happy? They will understand that he is duplicitous. Likewise, Lord cannot be satisfied by those who pray beautiful hymns to Him but disrespect His pure devotees. He will understand that this person is 'Big false.' All his sadhana, bhajana will be wasted uselessly.