Positive Engagement

  • hemantag
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008

      Sincere souls will certainly overcome all difficulties in the long run. Lord Sri Krishna Himself gives assurance in the Gita - na hi kalyana krt kascit durgati gacchati. "A sincere soul will never suffer degradation". When one can really detect one's defects; it is a good sign, because it proves his contact with the real knowledge, however faint it may be, otherwise ignorance cannot be realised as ignorance. So, don't be disheartened. Actually it is not possible for us to eradicate our attachment to wordly objects and ideas which we have inherited through cycles of births and deaths in a day. Those inherited ideas will have their action for sometime through inertia. For example, if we switch off the fan, it still moves for sometime out of inertia, but its speed will be gradually diminished and it will stop. Artificially if we try to control the senses through austerity it won't have abiding effect. In devotional spiritual practice more stress is given to positive practice than to negative i.e., we are to rouse up the eternal natural functions of the real self which is pure love to Supreme Godhead.

      --- His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Goswami Maharaj

    • Prahlad
      Message 2 of 3 , May 20, 2012