Vaisnavete lesh matra rati

  • hemantag
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 10:46 PM
                                                                   Sree Sree Guru Gaurangau Jayatah!

      Remembrance of vaishnavas will remove all anti-devotional propensities in the mind. All sorts of anti-devotional ideas are removed just by getting the mercy of Vaishnavas. "Guru-Vaishnava-Bhagavan tini smaranam." It has been stated by Kaviraj Goswami in Chaitanya Charitamrita that remembrance of Guru, Vaishnavas and Bhagavan can give us so many attainments, can remove all ulterior motives. There are obstacles to get pure devotion to Sri Krishna. Only by remembering Guru and Vaishnavas can you get rid of them. Narattoma Thakur is also saying in his hymns. Narattoma Thakur is not an ordinary man. He is the personal entourage of Supreme Lord Sri Krishna, Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. His words are transcendental words. It acts as incantation. Even if you do not follow you can understand it. In one of his hymns he is saying- sri guru vaishnave rati na hailo amar - I am the most wretched person, why? I have no faith in Guru and Vaishnavas. Naratoma Thakur is saying, "How can I get service to my eternal master, Sri Krishna, Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and his entourage, how can I get? I have got no faith." Krishna, Supreme Lord, gives His service or bestows His service through Sudha-Bhakta, pure devotee. Without pure devotee you never find service to Sri Krishna or Supreme Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. You cannot see the Sun ignoring the light of the Sun, rays of the Sun. Can anybody see the Sun, directly? – "I don't take help from the rays of the sun, I shall ignore the light, I will go to the Sun!" It is impossible. With the rays of the Sun you can see him. Like that Naratoma Thakur is also saying in his hymns "One who has no inclination to worship Radha his worship of Krishna is totally fruitless, futile. He goes nowhere." Nobody can have any conception of sun without his attribute, heat or light, nobody can conceive it. Like that nobody can have any concept of Sri Krishna without Radha. The complete realty of Supreme Lord Sri Krishna, the complete counterpart is Srimati Radhika, Gopinath's Extension. So if I have no belief, no faith, no devotion, no respect for Guru and Vaishnavas, how can I get service? I am a wretched person, most unfortunate – ki rupe paibo seva mui duracar, sri guru vaisnave rati na haila amar. Again next verse or next prayer he repeats the same- I have been blocked by the illusory energy of Supreme Lord. Therefore I have got no tinge of respect for Vaishnavas. How can I get eternal welfare - hopeless condition? – ashesh mayate mana magan haila, vaisnavete lesh matra rati na janmila.

                                                  --- HDG Srila Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Goswami Maharaj