Rama Navami Festival in Sree Chaitanya Gaudiya Math

  • Hariprasad Das
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 11:19 AM
      In the month of April, Srila Gurudev visited north India for medical treatment. At this time the regular North India preaching tour of Sree Chaitanya Gaudiya Math is going on under the leadership of Srila Bhakti Vigyan Bhariti Maharaj. Srila Gurudev after getting a small eye operation in Chandigarh, joined the preaching tour and graced the devotees of Jalandhar (Punjab) on 11th April with his divine Hari Katha. Thereafter he came back to chandigarh to participate in the week long Chandigarh Festival.

      18th April, Chandigarh. The auspicious occasion of Sri Ramnavami, Lord Ramchandra’s advent day, and the 81st auspicious appearance day of the present Acharya of Sree Chaitanya Gaudiya Math, Swami Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Maharaj, was celebrated with utmost pomp and grand religious fervidity at Sree Chaitanya Gaudiya Math sect 20B, Chandigarh. Devotees from not only India but from foreign countries as well participated in the function with great enthusiasm. the atmosphere was electrically charged up! After the special arti with 108 lamps and gurupuja of Srila Acharayadev - His Holiness Srila B.B.Tirtha Maharaj delivered an enchanting spiritual discourse on the divine pastimes of Supreme Lord Sri Ramachandra.  Explaining the significance of Lord Sri Ramchandra’s teachings, Srila Gurudev said that by the grace of Sri Ramchandra we can overcome our drawbacks. If we have the desire to serve Guru-Vaishnav-Bhagawan, we will get divine support and power to serve. Just as Hanuman could cross the sea and accomplish the impossible by the grace of Sri Rama, anyone who has the sincere desire to serve will get the same strength. At the end of the session delicious Prasadam was distributed to the huge congregation of devotees present on the occasion.

      19th April, a grand Ratha Yatra procession  started from the Sree Chaitanya Gaudiya Math, sector - 20B. the special feature of the procession, in addition to other attractions was the showering of floral petals , on the specially decorated Rath of the deities , via a chartered aircraft. Thousands of devotees participated in the procession.

      Srila Gurudev also graced the devotees of Dehradun. In Chandigarh and Dehradun, the devotees staged a play on the divine pastimes of Lord Chaitanya's pastimes.