Disappointments and Bhajan

  • Hariprasad Das
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2005
      Sree Sree Guru Gaurangau Jayatah!

      We should not be disappointed by the happenings of the world and give up our Bhajan. This world is the place of turmoil and disturbances caused by the illusory energy of Supreme Lord Sri Krishna. Only a completely surrendered soul can emancipate himself from the grip of this illusory energy and surmount the ocean of births and deaths- threefold afflictions. We are to practice six-fold Sharanagati, which is the basis of devotional life. Without Sharanagati, there cannot be Bhakti.

      We should not be perturbed by mundane, worldly loss and gain. We should be very careful about the eternal benefit of the real self, which will go with us. Whatever is done by the Will of Supreme Lord Sri Krishna, Who is All-Good, is for the eternal benefit of all. Jivas reap the fruits of their own karma. Nobody is to be blamed for this. We should not be perturbed under any circumstance and give up Bhajan in our short duration of stay in this transitory world. A completely surrendered soul is always protected and maintained by Sri Krishna. There is no cause of anxiety to him. He remains calm under all circumstances. We cannot see adjustment and cannot find solution by our own capacity. Total unconditional submission is the only way of solving all problems. Jivas commit offence at the Lotus Feet of Sri Krishna, when they, being eternal servants of Sri Krishna, become averse to Him. As long as Jivas will not remove this offence, there will be no practical solution. Maya will surely envelope them and there will be desire for enjoyment, which will hurl them down to hell - intense suffering.

                  --- His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Goswami Maharaj

    • hemantag
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2008

[...]

        --- HDG Srila Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Goswami Maharaj