Golden Saying 1/23

  • subal das
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2002
      Can you have association with the sadhu like this? We once saw a Babaji
      Maharaja who was lying on his bed. He had been going from temple to temple,
      always performing harinama. While he was lying on the bed, we noticed that
      there were many bugs in it. They were "associating" with Babaji Maharaja.
      What were they doing? They were sucking his blood! Direct contact! This is
      not association. There are other kinds of insects, such as lice, who like to
      remain in the best part of the body: the head. What do they do? By sitting
      on the head, the best part of the body of the sadhu, they suck his blood.
      Merely remaining in the vicinity of the sadhu is not sadhu-sanga. The sadhu
      is thinking about the Supreme Lord and how to serve Him, but I am thinking
      how to exploit the sadhu. This is not sadhu-sanga. You can have sanga from a
      distance if the purpose is correct. The end justifies the means. If the end
      is bad, everything will be bad.

      -His Divine Grace Srila B.B. Tirtha Goswami Maharaja.