Fault is with us... Scriptures does not cheat

  • Hemant Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2005
            Sree Sree Guru Gaurangau Jayatah!

      A saranagata bhakta (surrenderred devotee) will get God’s realization along with bhakti. Detachment or reduction in attachment to this world will also come. He will lose interest in whatever is not favorable to Krsna; he will get vairagya, complete detachment. All three will come. We performed Vraja-mandala parikrama, engaged in sravana and kirtana, did everything, but still we have not got attachment to Bhagavan. Then we should understand that we are lacking in surrender to the Supreme Lord. Whatever bhakti a surrendered soul does, he gets equal detachment from the things that are unfavorable to the Supreme Lord. If our attachments in this material world are increasing, we should understand that there is some fault in our surrender. First of all I am not performing bhajan and whatever little I am doing is not according to the prescribed rules. Therefore I am not getting the desired result. The scriptures are not giving false information; Vedavyasji is not deceiving us. There is a mistake in our following; the fault is in our practice.

                     --- His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Goswami Mahraj