Two paths

  • hemantag
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1 5:30 AM
      "There are two paths-'Pravritimarg'- (Path through married life)
      and 'Nivritimarg' (Path through unmarried life-ascetic life).
      General people are eligible for "Pravritimarg". Persons who have
      made up their minds that they will never go to house hold life
      (worldly life) are only competent to take the ascetic order.

      "You should not wait for your decision that in future whether you
      will accept married life or unmarried life, you should start Bhajan
      immediately (Chanting of the Holy Name, etc. avoiding tenfold
      offences) because, nobody knows when we shall have to leave this
      world. When Srila Raghunath Das Goswami was very eager to surmount.
      This worldly ocean Lord Sree Chaitanya Mahaprabhu pacified him at
      first saying he should not become mad: at present he should remain
      in his house with a restful mind, no body can surmount the ocean of
      births and deaths all on a sudden, it will take time-gradually he
      can surmount it, he should not try to show outwardly his
      indifference to worldly affairs, inwardly he should practice
      abnegation and worship Sree Krishna with sincerity; Sree Krishna
      will rescue him from the pangs of worldly suffering in no time."

      "Pravritimarg is suitable to common people. `Nivritimarg' is best
      but persons competent for this are rarely to be found. Whether you
      are in `Pravritimarg' or `Nivritimarg', you are to start Bhajan. It
      is a long journey. We will not get anything all on a sudden. For
      enslaved jivas, suddha bhakti- suddha Harinam is difficult. But if
      there is sincere desire to perform Bhakti and Chant Harinam
      correctly. Sree Krishna and Sree Krishna Bhakta will be at your back
      to help you. By their grace you will succeed in getting Suddha
      bhakti and in uttering Harinam rightly.
    • RABARDY HERVE
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1 10:32 PM
        Dandavat Pranams. Please convey my most heartfull millions of dandavats to
        Guru Mhj. This message is specialy cooling for me, because I am now in Bali
        acquiring wealth as a wordly man. I feel so guilty about it, every second I
        like to drop every thing down and stay with Guru Mhj always.Please forward
        my message to him. Bindu Madhava dasa.

        Recevez par e-mail des émoticônes pour MSN Messenger
        http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/2275?url=http://www.msn.fr/ilovemessenger/premium/Default.asp?Ath=f
      • Hemant Agrawal
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 24, 2004

          "There are two paths-'Pravritimarg'- (Path through married life. [Swavarnavivaha] and 'Nivritimarg' (Path through unmarried life-ascetic life). General people are eligible for "Pravritimarg" Persons who have made up their minds that they will never go to house hold life (worldly life) are only competent to take the ascetic order.

          “You should not wait for your decision that in future whether you will accept married life or unmarried life, you should start Bhajan immediately (Chanting of the Holy Name, etc. avoiding tenfold offences) because, nobody knows when we shall have to leave this world. When Srila Raghunath Das Goswami was very eager to surmount this worldly ocean, Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu pacified him at first saying he should not become mad; at present he should remain in his house with a restful mind, no body can surmount the ocean of births and deaths all on a sudden, it will take time-gradually he can surmount it, he should not try to show outwardly his indifference to worldly affairs, inwardly he should practice abnegation and worship Sri Krishna with sincerity; Sree Krishna will rescue him from the pangs of worldly suffering in no time.”

          “ The very fact that we are in bondage and are suffering threefold afflictions proves that we are averse to God (Sri Krisna).  The root-cause of our afflictions is forgetfulness of our eternal relation with Sree Krishna. Those jivas, who have done eternal good deeds, who are fortunate come in contact with real Sadhus (Pure devotees) and come to know about their real self that they are eternal servants of Sree Krishna and when they have forgotten their eternal relation with Sree Krishna, they are entangled in the snare of Maya.

                      “Now if they take absolute shelter at the Lotus Feet of Sree Krishna, they will be rescued. Jivas are atomic spiritual sparks-they have got thinking, feeling and willing. Misuse of their relative independence is the cause of their averseness to Sree Krishna.

                      “Sree Krishna does not want to destroy the relative independence of jivas, because by that the very purpose and existence of jivas will be destroyed. So Sree Krishna and His devotees always try to advice jivas and make them understand so that they will submit to Him willingly.

                      “As long as the sweetness of Sri Krishna is not tasted this tong of war between worldly attraction and Krishna-bhakti will continue. Without sadhana ‘Sadhya Bastu’ goal of life cannot be achieved. You are to perform sadhana with sincerity and steadfastness.

                      “Prabritimarg is suitable to common people. ‘Nivritimarg’ is best but persons competent for this are rarely to be found. Whether you are in ‘Prabritimarg’ or ‘Nivritimarg’, you are to start Bhajan. It is a long journey. We will not get anything all on a sudden. For enslaved jivas,  pure devotion- pure Harinam is difficult. But if there is sincere desire to perform Bhakti and Chant Harinam correctly. Sree Krishna and Sree Krishna Bhakta will be at your back to help you. By their grace you will succeed in getting    Suddha bhakti and in uttering Harinam rightly.

           - His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Goswami Maharaj