Four Qualities of Devotees

  • Hemant Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2003
      "Sree Chaitanya Mahaprabhu preached the All-Embracing and All-Accommodating
      Gospel of Divine Love, i.e. Love for Supreme Lord Sree Krishna and all in
      relation to Sree Krishna. The sincere devotees who preach this All-Embracing
      Gospel of Divine Love, how can they have incompatibilities amongst them? A
      real sadhu sees adjustment in all circumstances, even in contrary
      circumstances. Actually when we miss the target, everything becomes chaos.
      Target should be- pure causeless devotion to Sree Krishna for His
      satisfaction only. There should not be any ulterior desire in the mind.
      Actually realized sincere souls are very scarce in this world. The novice
      who has started bhajan, can get this elevated state gradually, of course, by
      the grace of Guru, Vaishnav and Bhagavan. I am encouraged to know that the
      duties of different Maths or institutions gather together and are doing
      bhajan unitedly. This is good for them and also for the eternal benefit of
      others, who will be encouraged to see this ideal. Sree Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
      has emphatically said in His writing about, the four qualities of devotees
      to do Harinam- he should be humbler than the blade of grass, more tolerant
      than a tree, should give respect to all and should not desire to get respect
      from others. By only memorizing these we will not get the actual benefit if
      we do not practice. Example is better than precept".

      - His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Ballabha Tirtha Goswami Maharaja

      Supreme Lord Sree Krishna willing, Srila Gurumaharaj has got the desire to
      go outside India next year. Plans for His tour is being discussed. Supreme
      Lord is regulating the fruits, so without His desire, nothing can be
      materialised.