Golden Saying 1/16

  • subal das
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2002
      "Sat-jana": "Sat" means that which exists eternally. "Hari om tat sat." Sat
      is transcendental and that which is transcendental is sat. Mundane things
      are not sat. Sat is Hari, the Supreme Lord. The associates of Sri Hari, the
      devotees of Hari, are called "sat-jana". Under no circumstances do they
      become unbalanced. Take for example, sandalwood. If you rub sandalwood, if
      you graze it, does the sandalwood say, "Oh! You are giving me pain! I shall
      stop smelling sweetly. I shall give off a bad odor"? If you rub sandalwood,
      will it ever give off a bad smell? The bad smell is absent from its nature.
      You will always get a sweet smell from it. In this way, if the sadhu is
      oppressed, does he say, "Oh! He has done injury to me!" and retaliate? No!
      Instead, he is thinking, "I have done some wrong. This person is only
      instrumental. I am experiencing the fruits of my own actions. This person is
      not the cause." The sadhu tolerates the oppression. But we, in our
      ignorance, blame others for our own miseries.

      -His Divine Grace Srila B. B. Tirtha Maharaja