The importance of being earnest

  • Hemant Agrawal
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2003

                            All Glory to Sri Sri Guru and Gauranga!

      Without sadhana the goal of life cannot be achieved. Therefore we are to perform sadhana with sincerity and steadfastness.

      Progress in one’s sadhana depends on the intensity of our devotional practice.

      Continuous practice of detachment to worldly objects and attachment to Eternal Divinity will gradually remove material ideas and will increase our capacity to concentrate our minds on the object of worship. Everything depends upon the intensity of sadhana.

      Chanting the Holy Name in the association of pure devotees is the most effective sadhana for getting desired result early because as long as the sweetness of Sri Krishna is not tasted, this tug-of-war between worldly attraction and Krishna Bhakti will continue.

      --- His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Goswami Maharaj

    • hemantag
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2007

        Without sadhana the goal of life cannot be achieved. Therefore we are to perform sadhana with sincerity and steadfastness.

        Progress in one's sadhana depends on the intensity of our devotional practice.

        Continuous practice of detachment to worldly objects and attachment to Eternal Divinity will gradually remove material ideas and will increase our capacity to concentrate our minds on the object of worship. Everything depends upon the intensity of sadhana.

        Chanting the Holy Name in the association of pure devotees is the most effective sadhana for getting desired result early because as long as the sweetness of Sri Krishna is not tasted, this tug-of-war between worldly attraction and Krishna Bhakti will continue.

        --- HDG Srila Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Goswami Maharaj

      • hemantag