News from GOKUL 1 February 2003

  • GOKUL
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2003
      HDG Srila Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Maharaj

      Words from the holy lips of Srila Gurudeva during a telephone conversation on 29 January 2003:

      "If you want darkness, Light will not come; and if Light comes, how can darkness remain?  The two cannot exist simultaneously."

      "The eternal nature of the soul is causeless devotion to the Supreme Lord.  No one can stop this."

      "Saranagati is unending.  The Qualities of Krishna are unending and will descend according to the degree of saranagati, both endless and infinite."

      "Krishna is the nearest and the dearest.  Whatever you are thinking in your mind Krishna sees first and only then can you see it.  You can see nothing without His grace."

      This is the latest news on the state of Srila Gurudeva's health from Tamala Krishna das Prabhu in Calcutta:

      "The health of Srila Gurudeva seems to have improved. He himself feels as normal as ever, but is aware of the seriousness of the disease inside and is taking the necessary medication, rest and precautions. He also goes for morning walk everyday for about 45 minutes.

      Srila Gurudeva desired to go to Assam for the annual festivals of our 4 Maths there. So, with permission from the Cardiologist in New Delhi, Srila Gurumaharaj will go to Guwahati by a 50 minute flight on 30th January. But Gurudeva will stay at Guwahati Math and not travel to the other Maths. As we see, He is absolutely surrendered and dedicated for the service of the Math and the eternal welfare of the souls, another reason that He wants to go to Assam is that many devotees want to take initiation there and will all come to Guwahati which is the capital city of Assam. There are actually good medical facilities available in Guwahati. Our doctor in New Delhi has also given us the contact information of one of his known cardiologists in Guwahati. We shall be in touch with him while we are there. Also, Pujyapad Bhakti Niloy Brihadvrati Maharaj who is a Medical Surgeon and also our godbrother, is here in Calcutta and will accompany us to Guwahati and stay with us there.

      On 18th February, Srila Gurumaharaj will go from Guwahati to Puri for the Vyasa Puja Festival of Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Goswami Thakur, from 20-22 February, at our Math, which is also his holy appearance site.  Usually, on this occasion, Gurumaharaj is at our Math at Sarbhog (Assam), established by Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Goswami Thakur, but as per Srila Gurumaharaj's proposal, accepted in the meeting last year of the Sarasvata Gaudiya Vaishnav Association at ISKCON, Mayapur, this year it is being celebrated at our Math in Puri and all Gaudiya Maths, Gaudiya Mission organisations, ISKCON etc. are invited."

      Srila Gurudeva also said on the phone to us that, regarding Gaura Purnima, he has the desire to attend the annual parikram in Mayapur, but that this will be according to Krishna's arrangement only, as the doctor's are keeping a watchful eye on his condition.  We will inform you as details of his schedule become available.