God as the Centre

  • Prahlad
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2013
      When there are different centres of interests, nobody can avoid clashes between individuals, groups, nations etc. For example, if circles are drawn with different centres, the circumferences are bound to cross each other. But if there is one centre of interest, smaller and bigger circles can exist without crossing. According to Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, there should be knowledge of the real self, real interest and one centre of interest. Only God can be the common centre as all our souls have emanated from Him.

      Love for God thus translates into love for all beings, great or small and if such a love exists, one cannot inflict injuries to anyone, as such a love makes everyone a part of you. If we truly love God, we cannot have the impetus to inflict injuries to any of His beings, who are all a part of the divine soul. All living things are inter-related through their common bond with God.
      Sree Sree Guru Gaurangau Jayatah!

      Lord Krishna has said in the Bhagavad Gita (18.62) "O son of Bharat, surrender unto Him utterly. By His Grace you will attain transcendental peace and supreme and eternal abode." Only a complete and unconditional surrender to God can bestow eternal peace on us. The moment we submit to God unconditionally, all our ills and sufferings will go.

      Sense perceptions are delusional and create false egos, which lead to a clash of interest. Chaitanya Mahaprabhu has said that if individual souls can have the knowledge that they are interrelated with God, the clash of interests will stop and everyone will live in harmony. Thus Divine Love is the best and only solution for universal peace. This Divine Love (prema bhakti) for God can be cultivated by 'nama-sankirtan', or the chanting of the Holy Name.

      In the present age, 'nama-sankirtan' is the most effective way to achieve peace as it can be performed under any circumstance. In itself, it is a universal religion under which people of all sects can unite, irrespective of religion.

      --- His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Goswami Maharaj