On Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur

  • Prahlad
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2012
      Today is a holy day because of the appearance of our Revered Guru, the founder of Sri Chaitanya and Sri Gaudiya Maths. If he had not appeared we could not sit here to propagate Sri Chaitanya's message of divine love. He is at the root of this. If we were not to observe this occasion properly it would be most ungrateful of us. It would be a great offence. In Calcutta I saw a great celebration attended by so many important persons. There were so many elaborate preparations. Nowadays there is not as much enthusiasm. If he had not appeared we would not have Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura. Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura has revealed his real identity in his own writings as Kamala Manjari, the maidservant of Lalita Sakhi. He is non-different from Sri Gauranga Himself and we should understand the following point carefully. After the disappearance of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and His personal associates there was a great spiritual vacuum. All the books were there, but nobody could discern the true message. A deep, deep darkness had descended on the horizon of the Gaudiya Sampradaya. Due to the appearance of many different pseudo-sects, intelligent people lost their belief. Because of this lack of pure devotion, Krishna sent His own man. The appearance of Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura is not an ordinary event. He is superhuman and extramundane. Without such surrendered souls in the world no one would be able to understand the truth. The whole world is indebted to him. Our Gurudeva, Srila Bhakti Dayita Madhava Maharaja, had told while reading from `Kalyana-kalpataru' of Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura. "These writings have descended—they are not just the words of wise persons. I was groping in the dark, without knowledge, but Sri Chaitanya sent His own person—Gurudeva. Can just anyone write these words of Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura? They are something quite different!" If we were to give up Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura what would be left? We are singing his songs morning, afternoon and evening. I was instructed to read `Jaiva Dharma' which I found in the library. By reading this book of Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura, all my doubts were dispelled. He wrote so many books in Sanskrit and Bengali so that all could know the teachings of Sri Chaitanya. He did this for the whole world—not just for India. We should get the grace of Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura and Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura. We should believe in them! By this belief all attachments will be destroyed! He wrote of the glories of Sri Navadvipa dhama because he is the personal associate of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, otherwise how could he know of them? Now the whole world goes there because of him. Today is for us the holiest day. We should go through his books. Today we pay our innumerable obeisances to him. The owner of Sri Krishna is the suddha bhakta.