Squaw Creek Snapshot to be held May 12 (9:00 AM to 12PM)

  • Rick Dietz
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28 9:32 AM

      The Squaw Creek Watershed Coalition will be participating in the IOWATER Spring Snapshot on May 12, and we'll need our usual volunteers (and some new ones) to trade their Saturday morning chores for a couple or three hours at the creek.

      IOWATER Volunteers, please check your supplies and expiration dates and let me know by Sunday May 6th what you will need for replacement chemicals and equipment. There's an equipment checklist at http://squawcreekwatershed.org/snapshot/checklist.pdf that might be helpful.

      We can also borrow complete test kits for the day so please consider that option if you only test on the snapshot dates. And please let me know if that is your preference.

      This will be our 7th year of participation in the IOWATER Snapshots and the 10th or 11th year of monitoring for a few of our most dedicated volunteers.

      Thank you, and we hope you'll help spread the word that the Squaw Creek Watershed Coalition together with Story County Conservation will host an IOWATER Introductory Workshop on Saturday June 30th at McFarland Park.