      From: Skopec, Mary [DNR] <Mary.Skopec@...>
      Subject: IOWATER Workshop this Saturday
      Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 10:55 AM

      Hello,

      The IOWATER program has a workshop scheduled for this Saturday, May 11th from 8:30 to 4:30 at the Des Moines Water Works Operations Training Center.  Right now, we have low enrollment, so we are trying to see if we can get the word out to get a few more attendees.  If you are willing, could you pass the following message on to your various groups?

      Thanks

      Mary

      “IOWATER, Iowa’s statewide volunteer water quality monitoring program, will host an Introductory IOWATER Workshop this Saturday, May 11th from 8:30 to 4:30 pm at the Des Moines Water Works Operations Training Center in Des Moines.

      During the one-day workshop classroom instruction will be combined with hands-on training as participants learn how to monitor and assess the quality of their local streams, rivers, and lakes. Water quality monitoring includes physical, chemical, biological, and habitat assessments.

      Workshop registration fees are $20 per person or $30 for a team and cover all program fees, meals, and testing equipment.

      For more information or to register, please visit http://www.iowadnr.gov/Environment/WaterQuality/WaterMonitoring/IOWATER/CalendarofEvents.aspx

      MARY SKOPEC, PH.D. IOWATER & Stream Monitoring Coordinator

      Iowa Department of Natural Resources

      P 319.335.1579 | C  319.560.7365 |Mary.Skopec@...

      Iowa Geological and Water Survey | 109 Trowbridge Hall | Iowa City, IA 52242

      WWW.IOWADNR.GOV

      FB_16x16

      Tw_16x16

      Pin_16x16

      Leading Iowans in Caring for Our Natural Resources.