932IOWATER Workshop to be held here Saturday June 30

  • Rick Dietz
    Jun 24, 2012

      The Squaw Creek Watershed Coalition has been monitoring water quality here in Story, Boone and Hamilton counties since 2001, and has been participating in the Spring and Fall Statewide IOWATER Snapshots since October 2006. We've accumulated a lot of data in that time and volunteers have passed along concerns that have led to some interesting discoveries, right here in Ames. But we're always in need of more volunteers - and in fact we have only a couple of volunteers that continue to monitor on a monthly basis.

      The Iowa Department of Natural Resources will hold an IOWATER Introductory Workshop from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. next Saturday, June 30, at the McFarland Park Conservation Center. The registration fee is $20, and lunch will be provided by the Coalition.

      Register today at www.iowater.net, and please pass this along!

      --

      www.squawcreekwatershed.org