926Errington Lecture

  • Gaylan Crim
    Oct 15, 2011

      Errington Memorial Lecture
      Thursday, October 20, 2011
      7 p.m., Great Hall, Memorial Union
      (Part of the ISU Live Green! Sustainability Series)
      “Feeding the World, Sustaining the Planet.”
      Dr. Jonathan Foley
      Institute of the Environment, University of Minnesota
      Seminar Friday, 21 October, at 3:10 p.m.:
      “Solutions for a Cultivated Planet:  Evaluating Options for a Sustainable Global Food System."
      Jonathan Foley is the director of the Institute on the Environment (IonE) at the University of the Minnesota, where he is a professor and McKnight Presidential Chair in the Department of Ecology, Evolution and Behavior. He also leads the IonE’s Global Landscapes Initiative.
      In this year’s Errington Lecture, Professor Foley will address fundamental issues of global land use, food security and the environmentHis work focuses on complex global environmental systems and their interactions with human societies. Dr. Foley and his students have contributed to our understanding of global-scale ecological processes, global patterns of land use, the behavior of the planet’s climate and water cycles, and the sustainability of our biosphere. This work has led him to be a regular advisor to large corporations, NGOs and governments around the world.
      You can learn a bit more about Professor Foley at

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic