922IRR "River Currents" education forum April 29 @ Chicaqua Bottoms

  • Rick Dietz
    Apr 12, 2011
      RIVER CURRENTS: A forum on revitalizing rivers
      Friday, April 29, 2011
      9AM – 3PM
      Chichaqua Bottoms Greenbelt-Polk County Conservation Board
      8700 NE 126 Ave., Maxwell, IA 50161

      REGISTRATION: $10 (meal included)
      RSVP: rlehman@...

      From www.iowarivers.org

      River Currents is an education forum geared toward river enthusiasts, water trails developers, watershed coordinators, IOWATER volunteers, and others who desire a better understanding of the river as an expression of its watersheds and riparian zones. Part of the day will be spent understanding common stream problems, including examples of alternative projects that mimic systems found in nature offering practical solutions for various stabilization, flood reduction, drainage, road crossings, and other types of projects that happen in and along rivers.  The last part of the day will be spent understanding the relationships and interactions of a river’s habitat.

      From: Iowa Rivers Revival [mailto:rlehman@...]
      Subject: River Currents Agenda

      Good afternoon,

      I am pleased to provide you with the final agenda for the River Currents education forum on Friday, April 29th.
      http://www.iowarivers.org/Portals/0/2011/River%20Currents%20Agenda.pdf

      Please help spread the word.

      Thanks,

      Roz