242Re: [squaredancechicago] Terrible Grief...Tom Manning

  • Barry Johnson
    Mar 27, 2014
      Because it's a scam.  Someone managed to break Tom's password on his AOL email account, and send this (fake) message to everyone on his mailing list.  It's a pretty common nefarious scamming attempt.  I'm surprised you haven't seen it before.

      Just disregard it.  Word has already been passed back to Tom in at least two different ways.

      On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 1:22 PM, William Neurauter <willy.neu@...> wrote:

      Why did I receive this?

      Tom Manning <tommanning06@...> wrote:

      Good morning,
              I Hope you get this on time, I made a trip to Pasay City and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and personal effects therein. The embassy has just issued me a temporary passport but i have to take care of my expenses and settle my hotel bills with the manager.
               I have made contact with my bank but it would take me 3-5 working days to access funds in my account, the bad news is my flight will be leaving very soon but i am having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let me leave until i settle the bills. I need your help financially and i promise to make the refund once i get back home, you are my last resort and hope. Please let me know if i can count on you and i need you to keep checking your email because it's the only way i can reach you.

       Kind regards,
      Tom Manning

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic