SQL Performance :UDF

  • himanshu sinha
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2005
      HI All

      I have got a big performance issue in one of the application .
      There are two many udf used , of these many are returing table . Can this be a bottleneck ?

      I know the UDF's are having a overhead as compared to the SP. But is it possible when the UDF are returing tables , that can slow the application .

      regds

      SARADHI <upadrasta@...> wrote:

      Is there any way to estimate the time required to execute a T-SQL
      statement? I need to set the command time out by calculating the time
      for T-SQL statement. Can any one give an example?

      -SARADHI

      Visit http://www.mugh.net/dnug to join .NET User Group.

      Regards,
      Himanshu Kumar Sinha

      MCP
      Microsoft Corporation
      Office: +91 (40) 5547 3617
      Mobile: +91 9440871180
      Email: v-hsinha@...

      Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you fail to focus on your goal

      http://mail.yahoo.com