Re: [mugh-sqlcon] how to read Log file

  • Saleem Hakani
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2005
      Basha, unfortunately you won't be able to figure out who did what unless you had C2 security enabled on the server or profiler was running contineously.

      But as C2 security and running profiler is resource intensive you may want to enable full recovery on the database and use Lumigent Log Explorer to read log files.

      Note: One of the good thing about Log Explorer is that you can even roll back the transaction.

      Thank you,
      Saleem Hakani

      JeeLani bASHa <basha_21_99@...> wrote:

      Hi group,

      Im n a deep trouble, one of my  db user has deleted some records
      from the database  since there was a cascading delete enabled on the
      table we have lost some records in other tables also. luckily  my
      scheduled job was running stable i had a backup i have replaced the
      latest backup with minimal record lost.
      Now my  query is i need to find

      1.which login has deleted the records how can we chek this

      2. I have simple recovery model for my database.

      i guess by having  full or bulk logged  model we can read the
      transaction from  ldf files.   can any one help me to finding this
      and  do i face any problem from changing the recovery model as its a
      production Db.

      so in short   how to read a log file if i have full/bulk logged model
      is there any issues changing from simple to full/bulk logged model

      thanks for the help
      basha

      Visit http://www.mugh.net/dnug to join .NET User Group.

      Do you Yahoo!?