Efficient Cide

  • W
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2011
      What would be the Most efficient
      code for this query?

      SELECT USER_ID
      FROM USER
      WHERE USER_ID NOT IN (SELECT USER_ID FROM VACATION)
    • Gigme Chittayath
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 28, 2011
        Best method is using a left join.

        select a.user_id from user a left join vacation b on
        a.user_id=b.user_id where b.user_id is null

        ________________________________
        WHERE USER_ID NOT IN (SELECT USER_ID FROM VACATION)

      • sunil john
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12, 2011
          using not exists is also a good method.

          Best Regards

          Sunil John

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 30, 2011
            Hi All,

            Here is what we need:
                1. All possible TimeZones with UTC offset
                2. DST info (ie. when DST starts and ends for next 20 years and what is the offset during Daylight), if applicable to the specific time zone

            Is there a way we can get this info using SQL Server 2008 R2, .Net or JavaScript?
            Even if I get this data on a text file, that would help :)

            I really appreciate your help on this.

            Thanks
            Senthil T R