1]How to find indexs are fragmented or not? 2]How to find tables are fragmented or not? 3]Is fragmentation of the tables and fragmentation of the indexes same or diffrent?

  • SARADADEVI
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2010

      Hi All,

      1}Could you please tell me IS fragmentation of the tables and
      fragmentation of indexes is both are same or diffrent?

      2}How to generate report on current SALES DB health check in terms of the indexes?
      Need to know if the indexes are fragemented or not.for all indexes.

      3}How to generate a report on the fragmentation of the tables in ANY database.

      Thanks and Regards,
      Kishore

    • sunil john
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 26, 2011
        for index defragmentation u have to check the dmv.. sys.dm_index_physical_stats

        Best Regards

        Sunil John