Re: MUGH-SQLCON Is it possible to restore a single schema of a database in sql server 2005??

  • mohd rizwan
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2010
      I  never did it but I think you can do it.....I copied Litespeed help content below.

      Restore Schemas in the LiteSpeed Console
      Before you can recover objects or execute a SELECT statement, you must read the backup file to create an index of restorable objects. To restore a schema, complete the following procedures in order:

      Run the Read Backup wizard

      Review the backup file contents

      Restore the schema
      Note: This topic only covers unfamiliar information. It does not include all step and field descriptions.
      Run the Read Backup Wizard
      Before you can recover objects or execute a SELECT statement, you must read the backup file to create an index of restorable objects. The index is a .lsm file that is saved in the same directory as the backup file.
      Notes:

      You cannot restore objects from tape backups or TSM files.
      LiteSpeed may take a long time to read the backup file for large databases, often with little response in the LiteSpeed Console. To prevent this, select Optimize the object level recovery speed on the Backup wizard Options page to create the index during the backup process.
      To run the Read Backup wizard

      Select the Object Level Recovery pane (CTRL+D+3).

      Select Read Backup Wizard.

      Complete the wizard.
      Note: LiteSpeed must be installed on the server instance you select on the Backup Source page.
      Review the Backup File Contents
      After you read the backup file, its contents appear in the Overview tab (click here to see the Overview tab). The Overview tab has the following panes:

      1. Objects Grid
      The grid displays all of the restorable objects in backup file. You can filter the objects that appear in the list by selecting the appropriate options in the toolbar.
      2. Script Preview
      The script preview displays the DDL script. To script an object, right-click it in the objects grid and select Generate DDL Script. For tables, you can also include constraints, indexes, and triggers in the script by selecting the appropriate options in the Object Level Recovery navigation pane. You can script more than one object, and scripted objects have beside them in the objects grid. To view all of the scripts in the script preview, click .
      Note: You can save, copy, print, and search the script in LiteSpeed, but you cannot edit or execute it in the script preview pane.
      3. Table Data Preview
      The table data preview displays the contents of the table. To preview a table's data, right-click the table in the objects grid and select Preview Data. You can only preview the data of one table at a time, and the previewed table has beside it in the objects grid. A table that you preview and script has beside it.
      Tips: For panes that have grids, you can sort, group, move, and remove the columns

      To sort and group the results, right-click a column heading and select the appropriate options.
      To add or remove columns, right-click a column heading and select Column Chooser. Add a column by dragging it from the list into the column headings. Remove a column by dragging its column heading into the list.
      To move a column, drag the column heading to the new location.
      Restore the Schema
      To restore the schema

      »
      Select one or more objects in the objects grid and select Recover Schema.

      Thanks & Regards,
      Mohd Rizwan
      (¨`·.·´¨) Always
      `·.¸.·´