Re: MUGH-SQLCON Move Database Backup from SharePoint

  • Bruno Carbone
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2010
      Oh, sorry about that. In fact I had little information about the issue but
      now I can be more specific.

      Here is the picture:

      I have two SQL Server 2005 Database files (MDF and LDF ones), but no backup
      (bkp) file.
      First, I need to restore this database.

      I tried to configure the server to allow changes to the system tables,
      running the following code in the Query Analyzer:
      *sp_configure 'allow_updates', '1'
      RECONFIGURE WITH OVERRIDE*

      Then, I've tried to add an entry for the database to the sysdatabases system
      table in the master database. But I received the following error message: *"Ad
      Hoc updates to system catalogs are not allowed"*. I googled it and
      discovered that the sp_configure that I ran does not work in SQL Server 2005
      anymore and that you need to access the server with a Dedicated
      Administrator Connection (DAC).

      So I used the following statement in the SQLCMD prompt:
      *sqlcmd �S ADMIN:<my instance name> �A �d master*
      And I logged in the Development Studio (just on the Database Query Engine,
      not Object Explorer) with the *ADMIN:* modifier.
      No effect either.

      The same error poped up.
      *"Ad Hoc updates to system catalogs are not allowed"

      *I tried to update through the master.sysdatabases view, the sys.databases
      table and the sys.master_file table.
      Same error on all three of them.

      So, I have to restore the database but I can't. I don't know if there is a
      more simple solution.
      And, after the restore is done (hypotetically speaking right now), I have to
      access the files that are inside the database and put them in a SharePoint
      directory.

      I think that's all.
      I need:
      1-) To restore the database using MDF/LDF files.
      2-) Put the files stored inside some tables in a SharePoint. I think I'll
      need SSIS for that.

      Does anyone know how to do it, please?

      Kind regards!

      2010/4/27 Vijay Mishra <dbazone@...>

      > Hi Bruno,
      >
      > Please be little bit more elaborative. Problem is not clear in your mail
      > below.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > -Vijay

    • T pavan
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2010

        If you have .mdf and .ldf files you have to attach the database to sql server.

        In the management studio right click on the databases...> attach database.
        provide the .mdf location it should automatically locate the .ldf file or else locate the.ldf file also. then OK.  it should work. After that you can work on SSIS.

        Pavan