Re: Migrating from sql server 2000 to sql server 2005/2008

  • bhuvnesh_tutor
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4 4:18 AM
      If you still face same problem then

      apply patch : service patch -SQLServer2005-KB943656-x86-ENU (3215 )

      Reference :
      http://www.sqldev.org/transactsql/error-msg-16958-could-not-complete-cur\
      sor-operation-because-the-set-options-have-changed-since-the-c-72388.sht\
      ml

      --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, "bhuvnesh_tutor" <bhuvnesh.dogra@...>
      wrote:

      > 'SET ARITHABORT OFF', followed by 'SET ARITHABORT ON' at the beginning
      of the procedure, give a try for it

      > --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, "Pradeep" deepkt@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > My procedure is currently working perfect in sql server 2000,
      > > But when the database is moved to sql server 2005/2008, and when run
      the procedure, it's raising an error:
      > > Msg 16958, Level 16, State 3, Procedure my_procedure, Line 214
      > > "Could not complete cursor operation because the set options have
      changed since the cursor was declared"

      > > Please help,
      > > Is there any issues(with cursors) when database moved from 2000 to
      2005/08..// any thing i have to change..

    • Biswajit D
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2010
        The error which you paste is clearly mention that the error due to the "SET OPTION".Thats means inside your stored procedure you are assign or write some SET command which not compitable with sql 2008.

        Like SET ARITHABORT OFF or SET ARITHABORT ON

        Check what are the SET command you used inside the stored procedure that are support in sql 2008 or not

        RADHYE