SERVER CRASHED - a man and machine fight together

  • Radhye
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2010
      Its radhye here ...

      A interesting issue I am working at the moment that SQL SERVER 2005 server crashed having 300 gb database size with Biztalk configuration.The issue is faulty hard drive with some sector corrupt and when cluster failover it found that other node not able connect the SAN...But the excited things is we have lot of sql document that which say please follow all the steps when server crash , honest nothing really help when this happen
      Configuration of server

      SQL 2005 With Biztalk application installed link by MQ
      Memory - 16gb
      Cluster - 2 node base active /passive
      Window 2003 server
      Database size - 350 to 400 gb
      SAN with network 1000 rpm

      Production not down because we up the BCM solution .

      I will write all the steps what we are doing to recove with all the database archt and database solution manager , I think really it a golden  oprtunity to go throw all the steps and share with yoiu guys.

      Biswajit Das

    • VISHNAT
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 25, 2010
        Hello Radhye,

        Sounds like a rough issue..How did you manage to solve the problem and cause? I allways found your posting very informative wrt to SQL and OS.

        Do share with us how you managed to arrive at a solution .

        Thanks,
        Vish