SQL 2000 Upgrade to SP4

  • Sagar Bhargava
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2009
      Hi everyone,

      I am about to upgrade one of my SQL server 2000 SP2 to SP4 and they are
      setup in a 2 node Failover cluster (Active/Passive) environment. Are there
      any services that I would need to take it offline or stop before I install
      SQL 2000 SP4 on the cluster environment? Below information is what I have
      been able to gather till now :

      1. Ensure that Windows Task Scheduler is enabled and started on all nodes.

      2. On a node with an instance running, run the SP4 setup. Both nodes will
      need to be rebooted after install completes and once both nodes are up
      again, test failover and failback for that instance.

      3. Run SP4 setup against the other instance on the other node. Restart both
      nodes and test failover and failback for that instance.

      Any other steps that I need to execute apart from the above ? What are the
      things to lookout for during and after the upgrade?

      Much appreciated if someone could help.

      thanks,
      Sagar