[SQL Server] Oracle Sequence Vs IDENTITY in SQL Server

  • vijaya_krishna_birju
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2009
      Hi

      I am getting so many mails on what is the equivalent of Oracle Sequence
      in SQL Server?

      There is nothing like equivalent of Oracle Sequence in SQL Server. All
      though there is a feature called IDENTITY to produce unique numbers. At
      the same time IDENTITY can not be compared with Sequence in Oracle.

      Both are very unique and useful features in each of the databases.

      Check out the Oracle Sequence Vs IDENTITY in SQL Server
      <http://www.dotnetvj.com/2009/04/oracle-sequence-vs-identity-in-sql.html\
      > article for complete information.

      Thanks -- Vijaya Kadiyala

      www.DotNetVJ.com <http://www.dotnetvj.com/>