[SQL Server] Unique Constraint in SQL Server -- Part 1

  • vijaya_krishna_birju
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2009
      In this article I would like to explain about "Unique
      Constraints". Constraints are one of the key factors in designing a
      table. Before I explain what is the use of constraints lets take one
      real world example. When you are opening a bank account, there is a bank
      rule that says, you can not have more than one account with in same
      branch or location. This is a business rule.

      To implement this kind of rule either we can use UNIQUE Constraint or
      Primary Key Constraint. This article will implement this business rule
      using UNIQUE KEY constraint.

      Check out the Unique Constraint in SQL Server -- Part 1
      <http://www.dotnetvj.com/2009/04/unique-constraint-in-sql-server.html>
      for complete information.

      Thanks -- Vijaya Kadiyala

      www.DotNetVJ.com <http://www.DotNetVJ.com>