Re: [mugh-sqlcon] extracting data into tab delimited text files from SQL SERVER Tables in Batch Process

  • mohan mareboina
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2004
      Hi Raj Sekhar,

      Other simple way to do this is using BCP. Check for
      the BCP help in BOL. Create a procedure by make use of
      BCP and dump the data in to tab delimiter text file.
      If you create a procedure, there is a possibility of
      passing parameters to dump required data. You can also
      schedule this procedure as an agent job.
      If you know how to make a BCP command string and
      execute with help of XP_CMDSHELL, then you are almost
      done.

      Let me know if you need ant assistance further.

      Regards,
      Jagan