Re: MUGH-SQLCON Re Restore

  • kanchan verma
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 5, 2008
      can u give with syntax so that it will easy for me to understand

      regards

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 15, 2008
        Kanchan,

        You can see this below link for syntax...
        http://www.builderau.com.au/program/sqlserver/soa/Restore-your-SQL-Server-database-using-transaction-logs/0,339028455,339282046,00.htm

        For syntax of Diffrential restore ...you can check BOL.

        Thanks & Regards,
        Mohd Rizwan(¨`·.·´¨) Always
        `·.¸(¨`·.·´¨) Keep
        (¨`·.·´¨)¸.·´ Smiling!
        `·.¸.·´

        From: Santhosh <san_spy@yahoo. com>

        To: sqlcon@yahoogroups. com

        Date: Friday, 31 October, 2008, 5:10 PM

        ____________ _________ _________ __

        Suppose I have taken full backup on friday and increment on monday, tuesday and wednesday then how to restore the backp

        regards

        Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger. yahoo.com/ invite/

        Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger. yahoo.com/ invite/

        From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Go to http://in.promos. yahoo.com/ groups/citygroup s/

        Get your preferred Email name!
        Now you can @... and @....

      • kanchan verma
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 18, 2008
          dear

          i would like to have script command for backup and as well as for restore

          regards

          kanchan

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 18, 2008
            Hi,

            Back the tail of log
                Backup log DBName to Disk = 'Location' with no truncate.
            Restore Full backup
                Restore database DBName from disk = 'location' with NO RECOVERY.
            Restore Latest incremental backup with no recovery option
            Restore all log backup after incremental backup in the order they hav taken.
            Restore Log DBName from disk = 'Location' with No Recovery.

            Apply below command once all restore are done.

            Restore database DBName with recovery.

            Thank you,