SQL Server - Performing Bottom to Top recursion using CTE

  • jacob.sebastian
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2008
      You must have noticed that I kept posting about recursive updates
      several times in the last few weeks. This is the last post in the
      series that demonstrates bottom-to-top recursion using a CTE. In the
      earlier posts, we were discussing different ways to recursively update
      the count of items under each category/sub-category etc. This post
      presents two options using a bottom-to-top recursive CTE. One option
      presents how to do this by updating a column of the table and the
      other example demonstrates how to handle it in the SELECT query itself.

      You can find the post
      here.http://www.sqlserverandxml.com/2008/10/bottom-to-top-recursion.html

      Another post that might interests you is:
      "How to find differences between two dates in HH:MM:SS format?"
      (http://www.sqlserverandxml.com/2008/10/tsql-lab-19-how-to-find-differences.html)

      Regards
      Jacob Sebastian, SQL Server MVp