how to reset sa password... (see the senario)

  • Shyam Sunder
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hi All,

      The server is in mixed mode authentication.
      we have removed Builtin Administrators account and sa has been removed.
      how can we reset the sa password any idea??

      Best Regards
      Shyam Sunder .K
      Database Administrator.
      98851 33956.

    • kunal choudhary
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
        Try to connect SQL Server with windows login and then go to change SA password.

        Nitin

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
          how come sa will remove , if already you have dropped buildin\Administrator..
          very surprising ..

          Try to connect SQL Server with windows login and then go to change SA password.

          Nitin

          The server is in mixed mode authentication.
          we have removed Builtin Administrators account and sa has been removed.
          how can we reset the sa password any idea??

          Best Regards
          Shyam Sunder .K
          Database Administrator.
          98851 33956.

          Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger. yahoo.com/ invite/

          Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/?wm=n/

        • virender mann
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2008
            I hope NTauthority is still there. you can connect with account with SA permissions.

            Thanks
            -Virender M.
            MS, MCDBA, MCITP

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 23, 2008
              elow im just confuse,can you pls tell me how to connect SQL Server
              with windows login??
              ill appretiate if you do.. thank you!

              You need to just connect with windows login. Once connected you can go and change the password but you should have that much rights.

              Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter http://beta.cricket.yahoo.com