Earthhour!

  • s manikanth
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2008
      Hey,

      I just found out about this event where millions of people around the world are joining together to make a statement about climate change by turning their lights off for an hour. It's called Earth Hour and I just signed-up to participate-I thought it might be something you'd want to sign up for too. Earth Hour is on March 29 from 8 - 9 p.m. local time, and it looks like it's going to be really big. So far 25 cities around the world are taking part, including Atlanta, Chicago, Phoenix and San Francisco in the U.S.
      Sign up for Earth Hour by visiting www.earthhour.org/sign-up and join the movement with me. And remember - Lights Out on March 29!

      thks,
      Mani

      koushik roy <koushikroy_2001@...> wrote: Hi Team,

      I have a need to access data on another server in a
      stored proc and as long as I hard code the server
      name, it works, but I want to have the server name as
      a variable since it will change when we move from
      Development to Production.

      Example of hard coded server name:
      select * from [servername\instancename].[database
      name].dbo.tablename

      I am trying to get this to work:
      DECLARE @ServerName varchar(255)
      SET @ServerName = '[servername\instancename]'
      select * from @ServerName.[databasename].dbo.tablename

      Let me know if you have any ideas as to how I can get
      this to work. I have tried a "use" command, but it is
      only for database (not servers).

      Appreciate for your help.

      Be a better friend, newshound, and