Re: MUGH-SQLCON : datafile attach without LDF file

  • J Santhoshkumar
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hey Deepak,

      Try this solution. http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19030

      With :))s

      Santhosh

      =====-----=====-----=====
      and any attachments. Thank you
    • Deepak Garg
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
        Hi Santhosh,

        Thanks for your help.
        but i am getting below error while updating sysdatabases in the 7th step of document:

        7) Open Query Analyser and in master database run the following :
        sp_configure 'allow updates',1
        go
        reconfigure with override
        go
        update sysdatabases set
        status=-32768 where dbid=DB_ID('fake')
        go
        sp_configure 'allow updates',0
        go
        reconfigure with override
        go

        **Msg 259, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
        **Ad hoc updates to system catalogs are not allowed.

        Please suggest.

        Thanks,
        deepak

        J Santhoshkumar <j.santhoshkumar@...> wrote:
        Hey Deepak,

        Try this solution. http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19030

        With :))s

        Santhosh

        =====-----=====-----=====
        and any attachments. Thank you

      • Madhu K Nair
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
          I think you have sql 2005, in that case you can not update system
          objects. Try these steps

          (a) create a database with the same name in another directory as the
          one you're trying to attach
          (b) re-create all filesgroups and files as necessary
          (c) shutdown the server
          (d) swap in the old mdf file and any ndf files
          (e) bring up the server and let the database attempt to be recovered
          and then go into suspect mode
          (f) put the database in single_user and emergency modes
          (g) run DBCC CHECKDB (dbname, REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS) which will
          rebuild the log and run full repair
          (h) return database to online, multi_user mode

          Madhu