Re: MUGH-SQLCON how much space needed for back up 40 gb database

  • mohan mareboina
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
      Alok,

      Normally the back up size will be your DB size (40 GB in this case).

      if you use SQL litespeed, it can shirnk back up up to 4~5 GB.

      --jacks.

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2008
        Alok,

        Backup size depands on actual data in database. Backup does not contents free space so check all this and try to identify the backup size. Due to this some time you can see more differance in DB size and backup size.

        Thanks,
        Nitin

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2008
          Hi Alok,
          If you have space requirements, you can use third party backup
          tools. Idera is giving a free backup tool with limited
          functionality. If you are stisfied witht he tool, you can purchase a
          full featured tool. We are using the free tool and its enough for
          our purpose.

          Regards,
          Preethiviraj Kulasingham

          --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, kunal choudhary <nitin_mca_23@...>