Re: MUGH-SQLCON DataBase suspect mode

  • RAJAN SHARMA
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 25, 2007
      you can set the database in to emergency mode by updating its status field in sysdatabases table in master database. so that database can be read.

      create new database with some name and there after import all the tables and generate script of all stored procedure from suspected database in to this new database.

      once all the things are done drop the existing database and rename new database to old one using sp_renamedb.

      RAJESHWAR REDDY <srajeshwar@...> wrote:
      Hi all,

      I have a database in SQl server 2000.suddenly it went to
      suspect mode. I dettached database but while attaching i am getting error
      'unable redo on log'. can any body please help me to solve this problem or
      is there any third party tool is available to recover that database.

      Regards,
      S.Rajeshwar.

      Rajan Sharma
      Email: rajans22in@...

    • Madhu K Nair
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 25, 2007
        (a) create a database of equal size to the one you're trying to
        attach
        (b) shutdown the server
        (c) swap in the old mdf file
        (d) bring up the server and let the database attempt to be recovered
        and then go into suspect mode
        (e) put the database into emergency mode with ALTER DATABASE
        (f) run DBCC CHECKDB (dbname, REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS) which will
        rebuild the log and run full repair

        refer following blogs

        https://blogs.msdn.com/sqlserverstorageengine/archive/2006/06/15/6323
        98.aspx