Re: MUGH-SQLCON Please help.

  • Akhil Mahajan
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 31, 2007
      The database Size is 14 GB.
      right now we take full backup in the night on the productions server.

      Thanks a lot.

      Akhil Mahajan
      --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, "Veer Ji Wangoo" <veerw@...> wrote:

      > I can provide scripts but My question is how much is database
      size...?
      > This is very criticalll inc ase you want
      >
      > Hot backup and Hot restore on DR side...

      Behalf
      > Of Deepak Garg
      > Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 11:53 PM
      > To: sqlcon@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: MUGH-SQLCON Please help.
      >

      > there is two ways to configure log-shipping one using EM on which
      you
      > will get the log-shipping monitor second you can configure log
      shipping
      > by the scripts for this you need to create a job which will take
      backup
      > on primary server and 2 jobs on secondary server one will backup
      the trn
      > file from primary to secondary and the second job will restore the
      trn
      > file onto secondary server.
      >
      > Akhil Mahajan <akhilmahajan@... <mailto:akhilmahajan%40gmail.com>
      > > wrote: They dont want to use log shipping.
      > They want some scripts. I will really appreciate if someone can let
      > me know.
      >
      > Regards
      > Akhil Mahajan
      >
      > --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com <mailto:sqlcon%40yahoogroups.com> , s
      > manikanth <s_manikanth@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Cant you use logshipping??
      > >
      > > thks,
      > > Mani
      > >
      > > Akhil mahajan <akhilmahajan@> wrote:
      > > Folks,
      > >
      > > I need guidance from you guys.
      > > I have to come up with a script which can automate the following
      > things:-
      > >
      > > We have 2 servers, "A" and "B" and both have Sql Server 2000,
      > Service Pack 4
      > > installed. The operating system is Windows Server 2003, Service
      > Pack 1.
      > >
      > > 1. Take back up of a database "DB1" on "A".
      > > 2. Copy backup files from "A" to "B".
      > > 3. Make sure noone is connected to the database "DB1" on "B".
      > > 4. Restore database "DB1" on "B".
      > >
      > > Please let me know.
      > > Thanks a lot.
      > >
      > > Regards
      > > Akhil Mahajan
      > >
      > > --
      > > Thanks & Regards
      > >
      > > Akhil Mahajan

      > DISCLAIMER:
      >
      > The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential
      and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
      > this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily
      reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
      modification, distribution and / or publication of
      > this message without the prior written consent of the author of
      this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
      immediately. Before opening any mail and

    • Veer Ji Wangoo
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2007
        What is the bandwidth the main site and the DR Server.... Because that
        is going to be critical.I hope DR is not over IPLC...

        --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com <mailto:sqlcon%40yahoogroups.com> , "Veer

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2007
          I think with DR u mean disaster recovery server and what is IPLC?
          Please correct me if i am wrong.

          Right now the band width of the network is 1 GB.

          As this will be done late in the night, so there wont be much load on
          the network.

          Please let me know if you need any other information.

          Thanks
          Akhil