Re: MUGH-SQLCON Re: : How to get Database Model of existing database

  • Deepak Garg
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007
      but what is this Visio and how to use it ?????

      Madhu K Nair <madhuotp@...> wrote: There is no problem as such. I very frequently does this. there is an
      option to select the table also. While we reverse engineer the db to
      visio, by default all the tables are added to visio but nothing are
      added to the diagram pane. So either you don't add it to the diagram
      or remove the tables which are not required from visio.

      Madhu

      --- In sqlcon@yahoogroups.com, "Kiran Kumar" <kirankumar.mv@...>
      wrote:

      > But the problem I face with Visio while attempting reverse
      engineering is, I
      > am not able to
      > select some of the tables. It pulls in all the tables in the DB.
      >
      > Incase it is possible to select tables that we want in the diagram,
      then pls
      > let me know.
      >
      > If the DBs in question are in MS SQL Server, then MS SQL itself
      provides the
      > option to draw
      > DB diagrams.
      >
      > Best Regards
      > Kiran
      >

      > On 8/31/07, Madhu K Nair <madhuotp@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > If you have Visio... you can easily do this. There is an option
      in
      > > Visio for reverse engineering
      > >
      > > if u want visio help pse post back..
      > >
      > > Madhu