TIP: Resetting / Adjusting Identity Columns in SQLServer

  • Jignesh Desai
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2004
      Many time a situation comes where we would like to reset identity column values like for testing u inserted few records and now u would like to reset or you have deleted good amount of records and u would like to re-start from the current max value after deletion. Recently I had this requirement, every time we test project we wanted to reset identity values. stupidly we where just running the big whole generated SQL script.

      Regards,
      Jignesh Desai.